As the majority of musculoskeletal and sports injuries are non-surgical, Sports Doctors are the best point of contact for anyone who needs a diagnosis, has a serious or long term injury, has struggled to get results with other treatments, or simply wants to improve their health or performance.
Doctors in sport and exercise medicine treat and are involved in treating a variety of conditions including:
- Soft-tissue injuries of muscles and ligaments, including sprains (partial tears) and ruptures (complete tears)
- Stress fractures
- Medical conditions related to the musculoskeletal system MSK disorders and conditions
- Osteoarthritis and other degenerative conditions
- Female athlete triad
- Heart disease
- Stress and mental illness
- Exercise-induced asthma
“Disorders of breathing are another aspect of sports and exercise medicine, where patients may have conditions such as asthma or vocal chord dysfunction”.
Common procedures and interventions
- Clinical history and physical examination
- Musculoskeletal injections (often Ultrasound-guided)
- Biomechanics and gait assessment
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Diagnostic ultrasound scans
- Blood tests
- Compartment pressure measurements
- Spinal injection skills
- Cardio-pulmonary exercise testing
- Physical fitness and arthropometric assessment
- Physical activity programmes and exercise referral
- Pre-event medicals & health screening
- Shockwave therapy
Our sports medicine consultants will provide you with an expert assessment, determine the most appropriate management plan and guide you to the best possible recovery.
Our Doctors can provide the following on site:
Assessment, diagnoses, treatment options & rehabilitation plan.